Client: Target Corp.
Project: Digital Entertainment/ "Target Ticket"
Role: User Experience Designer
Business Goal: Make the Target Digital Entertainment experience a top-of-mind contender in the on-demand media viewing market by providing a family-friendly platform to view movies and TV shows anywhere, any time, on any device.
Audience: Families who like to watch TV and movies
User Goals: Make creating an account easy. Make managing multiple profiles easy. Make streaming TV shows easy. Make downloading movies easy. Make controlling what the kids can watch easy. Make switching between devices easy.
The Target Ticket initiative launched Target Corp into the on-demand media viewing market. The multi-user, multi-platform digital video service allows guests to enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital device anytime, anywhere.
Target partnered with Common Sense Media to create a customizable service, ideal for families with children, that allow parents to set up advanced parental controls to filter content for their children. In addition to an overall quality rating, guests can set filters according to age-appropriateness, level of violence, profanity, MPAA and TV Parental Guidelines, putting guests in control of the content they deem appropriate for viewing. Parents can customize a profile for each family member, allowing multiple viewers to watch their preferred content simultaneously on different devices.
“Many of our guests told us that streaming and viewing videos is complicated, so we created Target Ticket to simplify the experience,” said Anne Stanchfield, divisional merchandise manager of entertainment, Target. “Target Ticket will help guests who are looking for a kid-safe, easy-to-use service that mirrors what they have come to expect from Target’s entertainment offerings – a premium selection of the newest titles plus exclusive content, all at an affordable price.”
Additional Target Ticket features include:
- 30,000 movie and television titles available to buy or rent, download or stream at home or on-the-go, starting as low as $.99.
- No subscription or sign-up fees, plus REDcard holders receive 5 percent off each purchase.
- More than 50 popular next-day television shows including “The Walking Dead,” “Big Bang Theory,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and more.
- Viewers can watch rented content as many times as they want within a 48-hour rental period.
- Target exclusive bonus footage available in select movies.
- Target Ticket will offer 10 free downloads on select movies for each new guest.
I assisted in developing detailed annotated wireframes, and solving complicated interaction flows for desktop, mobile phone, tablet, and 10-foot devices including PC and MAC, Android and iOS, Roku®, Xbox, Samsung televisions and Blu-Ray players.
• EXPERIENCE DESIGN •
• VISUAL DESIGN •